Monday, November 9, 2009

Marsh and I were talking about numbers today and he all the sudden got really sad and said "mom, one is the loneliest number." I asked why. The response was "because it's all alone."

When I asked Zach how his day was the other day, he expressed frustration over the fact that a little girl he didn't know was chasing him at all the recesses. I asked what he did about it. He said I tried to run away and I hid in the play shed for a while and then the kicker...He says "I think she loves me" in his serious voice and that will always be imprinted in my memory. I was curious if she was she cute. He said well yeah. (obviously mom) I said well keep on runnin' buddy.

Emma wanted a sewing project, and I have been wanting to make a rag quilt for the baby. I bought material and made one and got enough fabric for her to make a mini one for her dolls. It was a great first project where it was just straight lines and she could do it mostly on her own. She picked out the pattern of the fabric. It was great to see her be so excited about it. She wondered if there were any other 8 year old kids sewing out there, so we talked about what kinds of things kids used to have to do on the frontier. Which she was interested in any because she's reading Little house on the Prairie. Sorry for the side note, anyway here she is with the finished product. It turned out so cute and she has been beaming about it ever since.

4 comments:

Dawnell said...

1. Has Marshall been listening to Three Dog Night?
2. So funny to be chased at recess!
3. I love Emma's quilt! Adorable! Really cute fabrics. (as if I know anything about anything domestic)

Will & Cheyenne said...

Isn't the world of "boy and girls" at school crazy? Deaven has some stories to tell too.
Emma! That is SO AWESOME! Many kids at 8 could not do that (um, or at 30)!

Linda said...

I am a little older than Emma but do you think you could teach me how to make a rag quilt? I really am hopeless. I love Zachary comments. Of course she is cute MOM! You can tell him Alex gets chased a lot too. Can't wait to see you. Love YA! Hope you are still feeling good.

neecy said...

I still have fond memories of my first "real" sewing project with my mom, at about that age. How special for you to be able to share that skill and special bond with Emma.